The Portrait Process
It is very important for me that you know what is happening during the Portrait Process. Having a clear idea about the timeline, and not running into any hidden agenda will make your portrait session run smoothly and stress free.
Here are the major steps we will be taking during our journey together:
1. Pre-session consultation in your home: during this time I will start getting to know you and your family, as well as your home’s style. We will be discussing possible locations and outfits for the shoot, and talk about art work sizing and placement tailored for your home. Booking with the session fee and reserving a date will also happen at this time, if we find each other a good match for the portrait session. (Please note: if meeting in your home for the pre-session consultation is inconvenient, the meeting can take place in my home, or as a last resort, at a public location.)
2. Preparation for the session: this is a minimum of two-week-long period of time, when we are finalizing the session location, choosing outfits and props, and I will be answering any questions you might have about the session.
3. Portrait session: lasts about 1.5 hours. It will be a super fun family time, and lots of pictures will be captured.
4. The View and Choose Appointment: this is a private image viewing 1-2 weeks after the session. Everyone making decisions about the print order will be invited to my Irvine home to choose the images you’d like me to digitally enhance. I will show you sample print products, and you will decide what medium your art work should be printed on. With my expert questions and recommendations I will guide you through the culling of the images; it will be a simple and enjoyable procedure.
5. Artwork delivery: a personal delivery of the printed art works 4-6 weeks after the View and Choose Appointment.